WATER SOFTENING SYSTEMS
Hard water is a common water-related plumbing issue in Myrtle Beach commercial and residential plumbing systems. Hard water is water that has a higher mineral content than what is considered “soft water.” While not necessarily a health threat, hard water may cause itchiness and dry skin after showering. Hard water is also known to result in the premature failure of your plumbing fixtures.
Common Signs of Hard Water
If you are unsure as to whether or not your home or business has hard or soft water, here is a sampling of some tell-tale signs:
- No lather when using soap or shampoo
- Spots on glass shower doors
- Foul smelling water
- Red tinged water
- Dry or itchy skin after bathing
- Reduced shower head water pressure
- Deposits on or around fixtures, clothing, and dishes/dishwashers
Hard water is an inconvenience that may unfortunately lead to greater, more frequent plumbing problems down the line, so we recommend managing the problem as soon as possible.