88 Gallons a Day is the Average Water Consumption per Person at Home!
Did you know there are several ways you can help save water each and every day?
Water scarcity is becoming a real problem and can be caused by many factors. Droughts, floods, increased pollution, increased human demand and overuse of the water we do have is causing many areas to struggle to meet demands. Clean drinking water is a precious resource we all need to be concerned about.
Information on Water Consumption
According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) there are things we do every day that waste water. If we changed our habits just a little, we could save water each and every day. Below are a few examples of ways we all waste water:
WaterSense & Water Savings
There are several ways we can conserve water and reduce our overall water consumption. Changing our habits is an easy way to conserve water but in addition, you can install WaterSense faucets, toilets and appliances that can help you save water every time you use them. Below are some facts from the EPA regarding WaterSense Products.
- WaterSense labeled products are 20% more water efficient
- The average family can save 13,000 gallons of water and $130 in water cost a year by replacing older, inefficient toilets in their homes
- Replacing older, inefficient bathroom faucets and aerators with WaterSense models can save a family $250 in water cost and electricity cost over the lifetime of a faucet
- Replacing showerheads with WaterSense models can reduce the average family’s water and electricity cost by $70 and save 2,700 gallons of water a year. 2,700 gallons of water is enough water to complete 88 loads of a laundry
- Replacing the main bathroom fixtures with WaterSense products (toilet, showerhead, and faucet aerator) can pay for itself in as little as 1 year
Are you Ready to Save Water and Money?
If you would like to help our environment and save money at the same time, contact the Pros at Dependable Service Plumbing and Air today. We can help install WaterSense approved fixtures that can help you save money and conserve water today, 843-353-0461.