Top 5 Benefits of Upgrading from Electric to Gas in Your Kitchen
If you’ve been considering making some upgrades to your kitchen, making the switch from electric to gas might be a great choice to add to your list. If you’ve never had a gas range, you might be wondering how much this upgrade can truly do for you. Here are 5 great benefits of simply switching from electric to gas.
- Lower your utility bill. While the rates for natural gas and electric vary depending on where you live, natural gas is usually cheaper than electricity in most places. And with the addition of an ignition system rather than a pilot light in gas ranges, they now use even less gas than in previous generations saving you even more money.
- Get money back for making the switch. If your upgrade meets certain criteria, you may be eligible for a tax credit on your federal taxes. Additionally, many utility companies are offering rebates on your utility bill for making the switch to gas. The credits and rebates available help offset the investment of making the switch.
- Keep on cooking “ even in the dark! During an electric power outage, most models of gas stoves and ranges will still work. So, even if the lights are out, a nice hot meal is still in sight.
- Cook with greater control and precision. Gas ranges are a favorite of passionate home cooks for a very good reason “ gas gives you more precise control of heat during cooking. Because the adjustments are immediate, increasing or decreasing the heat is faster and easier with gas.
- Cook with more versatility than ever before. Cooking over an open flame creates a whole list of options electric just can’t match. Special features available with some stove/range models provide the option of removing two or more grates and replacing with a grill top. If you like to wok it like a wok-star, just add a wok ring made to fit the burner grate on your gas stove and you’ll be having chow mei fun in no time
Switching from electric to gas in your kitchen may not have been an upgrade on your original list, but with so many great benefits to enjoy, it’s definitely an investment worth considering. Let Dependable Service Plumbing help facilitate your new installation!