Water heaters are a complex technology that comes in a variety of packages. Furthermore, our fully licensed and trained Dependable Service technicians can manage all commercial and residential conventional or tankless needs.
How to Tell if the Water Heater Needs Replacing?
One of the most certain signs of failure is no hot water in the shower. Additionally, we will promptly arrive and immediately address whatever problem you have.
So, if you notice any of these following signs, it may need to be replaced:
- Consistently lukewarm or cold water
- Fluctuating water temperatures
- Water that is far too hot
- Visible signs of water tank rust or corrosion
- Pool of water surrounding the heater
Why Must Water Heaters Be Replaced?
We use water heaters every single day. Any appliance used so frequently demands our attention plus a little TLC. It is industry standard that even well-maintained water heaters will last on average between 10 and 15 years (well-maintained tankless water heaters on average last about 5-10 years longer). Maintenance is the key to longevity.
Here are some common reasons water heaters need to be replaced:
- Deteriorated anode rod
- Sediment build-up due to lack of system-wide flushing
- Rushed installation
- Improperly sized for specific location
- Damaged pilot light
- Defective heating element
- Faulty temperature sensor
If you suspect a water heater problem, call on Dependable Service Plumbing & Air. We will quickly get to the root of the problem and make repairs to increase water efficiency.
Contact the licensed pros of Myrtle Beach, Conway, and Pawleys Island to take care of your water heater needs.