Electric Water Heaters
When choosing a gas or electric water heater, the individual needs of the homeowner or business owner is the deciding factor. However, most houses are wired for electric water heaters for a number of reasons:
- Electric water heaters require smaller spaces.
- However, gas may not be available in your neighborhood.
TYPES OF ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS
Several styles of electric water heaters are available:
- Storage Tank Water Heaters: This is the most common type of water heater. These water heaters come in a variety of sizes and heat water at different rates, called a first hour rating (FHR). This is the measurement of how much hot water a heater can deliver during a busy hour in your household. This includes not only the water that’s already stored in the tank, but also how quickly the tank can recover and continue to provide hot water once the reserve has been used.
- Tankless or On-Demand Water Heaters: These are water heaters that heat water as there is a demand for it. There are two types of on-demand water heaters. One is small enough to fit in a tight space, and designed to augment existing water heating capabilities. Wall-mounted unit is the other. Designed to heat water for a whole house. these units can provide long-term savings since there is no need to hold water at a regulated temperature all the time.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters: This type of water heater moves heat from one place to another. For these units, cooler climates or homes where the unit is placed in colder areas is not efficient.
- Tankless Coil and Indirect Water Heaters: A coil or indirect system uses heat from the boiler of a heating system. They are more efficient in cooler climates or during colder months when the home heating system is in use.
If you’re considering a new water heater, give Dependable Service a call at (843) 627-2337 or contact us online. One of our certified technicians can review your needs and discuss the best and most efficient electric water heater options for your Myrtle Beach home or business.