Tankless Water Heaters
Dependable Service Plumbing & Air is ready to manage all water heater repairs, maintenance, and installation for your Myrtle Beach home or business. Tankless water heaters have grown substantially in popularity versus the traditional water heater.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
These water heaters are the latest technological advancement available in water heating. However, they are small, and are more effective than conventional water heaters in almost every way.
Therefore, it’s important to know that there are two different types of tankless water heaters: point-of-use and whole-home. Point-of-use water heaters manages hot water at a fixture or appliance. So, whole-home water heaters address the hot water needs throughout an entire home.
The purpose is to provide a continuous stream of hot water on-demand. Also, whole-home water heaters will never run out of hot water, regardless of how many showers are consecutively taken.
Tankless Water Heater Benefits
Our licensed plumbing team strongly recommends tankless water heater solutions for both commercial and residential spaces. This is due to the many benefits to upgrading to one. Here is a list of a few of them:
- Energy efficiency: Unlike conventional tanks that are always heating water, tankless heaters only heat on-demand. Thus, saving energy in the process.
- Lower monthly utility bills: Tankless water heaters do tend to cost more than conventional tanks at installation. However, thanks to their energy efficient nature, they yield lower monthly utility bills.
- Endless supply of hot water: Point-of-use tankless water heaters will eventually run out of hot water. However, whole-home tankless heaters will never let you experience a cold shower again.
- Space saving: Tankless water heaters are small and may be placed in utility closets, attics, basement, or crawlspaces. They may be hung from walls or even placed outside.
- Longevity: Properly maintained tankless water heaters can last between 6 and 10 years. Most conventional tanks last about 10 to 15 years.
Contact Dependable Service to learn more about the differences between tankless and conventional water heaters, and what might be best for your Myrtle Beach home or business. We are always happy to guide you in the right direction based on your own specific needs.