Think about the air you breathe every day—how clean is it?
Most people spend the vast majority of their days indoors, and much of that time is spent at home. Yet, it’s easy to overlook your indoor air quality (IAQ). We might think about the temperature of our South Carolina homes and even the water quality. But how often do you think about the air you are breathing?
Our team at Dependable Service Plumbing & Air, Inc. has practical and sustainable suggestions to improve your indoor air quality. We specialize in creating comfortable homes. Let’s take a look at a few steps you can consider to improve the air quality inside your Pawleys Island home.
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) identifies indoor air pollution as particulate matter or gas.
Particulate matter consists of solids and liquid droplets that vary in size. Some particles are small enough to be inhaled and can cause sinus problems, burning eyes, bronchitis, and respiratory illnesses. Dust, fumes and smoke, viruses, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, bacteria, and mold are some examples.
The EPA notes that hundreds of gaseous pollutants also have been found indoors. Sources include tobacco smoke, gas stoves, exhaust fumes, laser printers, paints, building materials, furniture, adhesives, caulks, cleaning products, craft materials, pesticides, and other chemicals.
How Can You Recognize Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Sore throats, stuffy noses, constant headaches—these symptoms of poor indoor quality are often mistaken as respiratory issues.
Continual exposure to indoor pollutants can lead to more serious health consequences like heart disease, chronic respiratory illnesses, and even cancer.
Take control of the air you breathe. Give our team and schedule a free consultation to determine how we can improve your indoor air quality.
Indoor Air Quality Services
Controlling the source of air pollution and providing adequate ventilation are both necessary to improve your air quality. Here are some products that can help:
- A whole-house air filtration system seamlessly integrates with your ductwork to protect your entire home. These systems work especially well if someone in your home suffers from allergies or a respiratory condition. These whole-house systems integrate directly into your ductwork for comprehensive coverage.
- If you suspect your indoor air quality is lacking, then an air cleaner could be the perfect solution. Air cleaners include different types of air purification systems, each with its own specific uses.
- Balance your indoor humidity levels with a whole-house dehumidifier. Dry air can lead to sore throats, stuffy noses, an increased risk of illness, and cause damage to your wood furniture and flooring. The ideal humidity level is between 30 and 50 percent.
- Muggy hot weather is a drag. Your air conditioner works hard to remove some of the excess moisture in the air—another solution is to install a whole-house dehumidifier. When the humidity level is out of balance in your home, everyone suffers.
- If you find that your indoor air is stale, bring some fresh air indoors. But how do you do so without raising your energy bill? An energy recovery ventilator (ERV) is a great solution for improved comfort without increased associated costs.
- A heat recovery ventilator works much like an ERV in that it uses outgoing stale air to precondition incoming fresh air. You enjoy fresh air without stressing your HVAC system and paying higher energy bills. These systems integrate with your ductwork to create an added layer of comfort.
- For biological contaminants such as mold spores, mildew, and bacteria, you need an ultraviolet (UV) germicidal light. Hospitals and industrial settings have used these systems for years. Now the technology is available for your home.
Remove the Sources of Pollution
Whichever strategy you choose, these simple steps will help improve your indoor air quality:
- Change or clean air filters according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Seal leaks in your ductwork.
- Vacuum and dust regularly.
- Drain dehumidifiers daily and clean the reservoir.
- Clean refrigerator drip pans regularly.
Installing or Replacing Your Indoor Air Quality System
Our licensed professionals are trained to work with indoor air quality systems. We specialize in retrofitting equipment in older homes, along with new construction and remodeling jobs.
Are you looking to replace a component? We install and replace all makes and models of HVAC equipment. We only use top-quality parts and materials to get the job done right.
Repairing Your Indoor Air Quality System
Give us a call right away if you detect an issue with your equipment. Whether your system starts making a strange noise or is not responding correctly, our team will quickly troubleshoot the problem and resolve it.
Maintaining Your Indoor Air Quality System
Preventative maintenance plays a vital role in the performance of all your heating and cooling equipment. Let’s work together to create a planned maintenance schedule that fits your needs and budget.
Be sure to ask about our John’s Loyalty Club that offers significant cost savings on service calls, repairs, and parts. Sign up today and enjoy peace of mind knowing a trusted professional is watching over your HVAC equipment.
Call Your Indoor Air Quality Experts Today
Take steps to control the air quality inside your Pawleys Island, SC, home. Dependable Service Plumbing & Air, Inc. is a trusted source for all your home comfort needs. Call us at 843-353-0461 or request service online today.
Indoor Air Quality Maintenance in Pawleys Island, SC 29585
He fixed the toilet very quickly and then ran a camera through the drain lines and he said there
was no blockages.
Erick is very nice young man and my wife and I enjoyed talking with him. If we should ever need
Dependable Services again I won't hesitate to ask for Erick.”
Indoor Air Quality Replacement in Debordieu 29440
“Kevin did an excellent job of trouble shooting and replacing my Reme system.”
Indoor Air Quality Replacement in Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Indoor Air Quality Installation in Pawleys Island, SC 29585
“Responsive, professional, communicated well.”